Question

Voicemail Disappeared

• 4 February 2020
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1

Today I see I had a voicemail message, but it was to set up my voicemail!!!   I have saved several important message in my voicemail and now it seems it has disappeared!  Anyone know how to recover it?

19 replies

Did you set the voicemail up when you first activated your Mint account?

Userlevel 1

YES..long ago

What happens when you open the phone dial pad and long press 1, does it try to call voicemail?

The same thing happened to me. My voicemail reset itself. I had to make a new password, new greeting, etc. and my old voicemails were all erased. I also got a text message a few days ago to set up visual voicemail. What is going on???

I am having the same problem!  All my saved voicemail messages have disappeared on my phone. I thought perhaps it was an issue on the phone itself but when I called into my voicemail service I also had to go through the setup process again! Once I did that I went to review my existing voicemail messages and it is telling me I have none! How do I get them back?

Same thing happened to me today. Voice mail wants me to set it up again and I lost all my saved messages. 

Im having the same issue.

I did pull out my SIM card two days ago; related?  SHouldn’t be though.  VM is on the server.

Check your APN settings; make sure you are on Ultra Wholesale.

Also make sure you are dialing 1 on your phone’s keypad, or dial 805-637-7456.

Happened to me as well.  I just went to check my voicemail and I’ve discovered that I had to set it up again.  Ironically, as of two days ago, my cellphone signal became must stronger so I wonder if we were switched over to a different network which results in our needing to reset our voicemail?

Same thing happened to me last night. Someone left me a voicemail and when I went to check it, the system acted as if I’d never set up my voicemail. The person who left the voicemail said my usual message wasn’t there but they were still able to leave a message. I had several saved messages that are all lost. The voicemail has always been one of the major drawbacks of Mint’s service, but this is extra infuriating.

I am seeing the same - all VMs are deleted, and now need to setup VM, password, greeting, etc.  I have had VM setup and working fine since December.  No changes were made on my end...

The same thing happened to me today. I was sad to lose my vm messages.

I called customer service, this is because of unannounced "upgrades".

Mint Mobile is a disrespectful and less than competent phone service provider. They claim messages cannot be restored and are like "oh, yeah, sorry about that, anything else I can help you with today. 

What a horrible company, disgusting.

Same here, without warning my voicemail and setup are gone. Mint doesn't even have the decency to contact us and apologize. 

I called customer service, this is because of unannounced "upgrades".

Mint Mobile is a disrespectful and less than competent phone service provider. They claim messages cannot be restored and are like "oh, yeah, sorry about that, anything else I can help you with today. 

What a horrible company, disgusting.

wow!  What da…?? If they knew this risk, the least they should have done was communicate it to us. Even if they had no plans to save/backup our data.  That is pretty crappy. Up to this point, I’ve been fairly satisfied with the service.  Allowing something like this to occur and not say anything publicly??? :thumbsdown_tone4:

All is not lost!  I was able to retrieve all of my voicemails.

Like everyone else has described, my voicemails were deleted/disappeared. I just noticed this last night.  So today I got on the site top seek help and saw this thread going. I decided to go ahead and “re-setup” my voicemail, BUT all I did was enter a new passcode. I did not create a new (custom) greeting. I selected the default greeting and voila!  All of my old and new voicemails including ones that were left in the past few days when it was down were there!  thanks goodness

Not sure if this will work for others or if Mint decided to restore that data, but hopefully others can get these same results too.

I have same the experience as all the others above -- the unexpected prompt to ‘Set up your voicemail’ (I first thought someone had somehow hijacked my number), loss of all previous messages, greeting. This indicates real incompetence on their part. As this ‘feature’ arrives the month of my renewal, I will have to look at alternatives. Would be interested to learn what others have done.

The same thing has happened to me -- TWICE now! Each time, it seems to have happened on the same day that my data reset for the month. possibly a coincidence -- Mint doesn’t’ have an answer for why it happened...but have AGAIN assured me that it won't happen again. I have lost saved voicemails that I desperately needed...I can no longer refer anyone to this service in good conscience, because for anyone who might rely on consistent and reliable voicemail storage and access, this doesn’t work.

I tried what “kahlilj” suggested above when I setup my new voicemail, but none of my old messages are there. Mint “tech support” has no idea and again have failed to follow-up with the promised calls and emails that they said they would contact me with after “researching” this.

I want to like Mint (I certainly like this price!), but this happening was bad enough the first time...having it happen again this month is unforgiveable.

To date, I have spent just short of 4 hours on the phone on just these 2 events (mostly on hold).

Userlevel 3

The same thing has happened to me -- TWICE now! Each time, it seems to have happened on the same day that my data reset for the month. possibly a coincidence -- Mint doesn’t’ have an answer for why it happened...but have AGAIN assured me that it won't happen again. I have lost saved voicemails that I desperately needed...I can no longer refer anyone to this service in good conscience, because for anyone who might rely on consistent and reliable voicemail storage and access, this doesn’t work.

I tried what “kahlilj” suggested above when I setup my new voicemail, but none of my old messages are there. Mint “tech support” has no idea and again have failed to follow-up with the promised calls and emails that they said they would contact me with after “researching” this.

I want to like Mint (I certainly like this price!), but this happening was bad enough the first time...having it happen again this month is unforgiveable.

To date, I have spent just short of 4 hours on the phone on just these 2 events (mostly on hold).

Hi! sorry to hear that you are experiencing a service issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.