Solved

When is WiFi calling/texting coming to iPhones?

Used a trial SIM yesterday and MIntSIM is comparable to my current T-Mobile service. At home and in my local area I had full signal strength. Call quality was same as T-Mobile. The savings I would get per month would be roughly $50.

But, only thing preventing me from moving over is that WiFi calling/texting is only available on select Android phones. I use an unlocked iPhone 6s.

Do do you know if or when WiFi Calling/Texting is coming for iPhones? Until then I’m sticking to T-Mobile because I travel to remote locations for work in neighboring towns. I rely on the WiFi network at these office because T-Mobile doesn’t have coverage in those rural areas.
icon

Best answer by Mint_Nicole 25 August 2018, 00:16

Hey Everyone,

At this time we do not have any new information on this, we will be sure to update you all as soon as this information becomes available to us.

Thanks,
Nicole, Mint Mobile
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hello,

Unfortunately, we currently do not support WiFi calling and texting to our service for iOS.
Thats a huge disappointment, wifi calling is a major feature all services should support on all platforms so people can get in contact with emergency services and family in dire situations, and if nothing else just reduce dead zones when possible.
I also did not realize that this feature had been taken away when I signed up. Today is day 1 for us on Mint and had purchased to iphone 8 pluses on our way out from Tmo. I often use my cell for work and Tmo service isn't always the best, but a wifi connection is often available in hotels or other venues. Please bring this option to iphone users. I fear this hole in service is going to lead to a poorer experience and us having to switch back to a major carrier. 😕
Userlevel 1
I am an iPhone user and also think it makes no sense not to have WiFi calling for iPhones. It’s bad enough we can’t read voicemails, but in bad services areas WiFi calling and iMessage are what covers the gaps. Please Mint add WiFi calling for iPhone user and I guarantee sales will increase.
Why is it taking so long? It has been promised for months now?
Yep- on top of the voicemail issue, this is going to be a deal breaker. 🤢
I am not renewing after my 90 day trial period if WiFi calling is not enabled on iPhones by then. I am often in areas without T-Mobile cell service.
I just signed up for mint last week, just found that iphone is not wifi calling compatible any chance that this feature is coming any soon or i am probably would not be renewing?
Userlevel 1
Hey Everyone,

At this time we do not have any new information on this, we will be sure to update you all as soon as this information becomes available to us.

Thanks,
Nicole, Mint Mobile
Was thinking about to get my spouse on Mint too. But instead will have to switch after a trial period. Having a weak connection at home and no wi-fi calls available is a deal breaker.
I just updated my iphone 8 plus to ios 12 and i now have a wifi calling feature under cellular. I also have visual voicemail as well.

Soooooo, is WiFi calling turned on/enabled for iPhones?
Userlevel 4
Badge
That is correct.
Turns on for me today as does a hotspot.
I cannot enable WiFi calling because when I enter my home address, it says it is an invalid address. I have tried several times. I also tried adding my office address and that also says invalid address. There is something wrong with mint's software.
Not working for me. I called 611 and was told that there was something wrong with the website. Mint are having other related problems. Perhaps someone from Mint could confirm/deny/clarify?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hello Everyone,

Please try going on the website and updating your address for WiFi talk and text as the website problem should be fixed. Let us know if everything worked or not.

Thanks,
Mint Mobile Support
Working for me now
Userlevel 4
Badge
Perfect!