Solved

Why do I not have voicemail notification ?

I have been using Mint SIM since December 2017 , I do not get notified when I am left a voicemail and a lot more f my calls never come to my phone but go straight to voicemail and I’m never even notified of this ! Can this be fixed before I decide to renew with your company?
icon

Best answer by pikeviewer2 3 June 2018, 21:31

The Mint Mobile co-founder asked for feedback about this on the Mint Reddit forum. I have the same problem intermittently and sent him an email yesterday. To his credit, he replied quickly but seems to think the problem is mostly with the Moto G5+ phones (which I have). What phone do you have?

I suggest that you send him an email as well. Here is his request:

Can you email me at reddit-rizzy at com.mintmobile (reversed of course) Device you use (exact model number or IMEI) MSISDN/phone number Do your incoming calls always or sometimes go to voicemail? If sometimes… Does it work sometimes and not others at the same location? Does it happen more at a particular location? Does it happen at certain times more? Do you get a voicemail notification? What about a missed call notification? How often (what % of calls) is sometimes? When did it start? What was the last time it happened? Can you provide 2-3 times it happened recently (incoming number and phone number?) Does your phone show you using LTE? Do you have VoLTE enabled? WiFi Calling?
View original

38 replies

I am running into the same issue. iPhone 6 plus, iOS 11.3. I just checked it as I missed a business call and realized that there were 5 other voicemails that I wasn't aware of. I would like this to be fixed before I would renew as well. Thanks!
I am using the iPhone 8 Plus and this has been ongoing from the first day of service . I have to open voicemail several times a day to check and see if I have missed clients or family. It’s crazy.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hello Everyone,

We see this as an issue. Please send support an email so we can reset your voicemail and go from there. Thank you again for your concerns.

Mint SIM Support
How do I do that Royce ? I have tried contacting customer service several times with no reply
Userlevel 4
Badge
You can contact us by messaging us at Facebook or at support@mintsim.com or by calling 844-646-8746.
i had same problem from day 1 (Feb 2018). phone would not ring on some incoming calls and delayed delivery of voicemails of said calls (sometimes not at all). after numerous calls over a 3 month period to customer service the rep had me clear the memory of the phone and messaging apps and turn off lte and go with 3g. also, the tech handling my escalated case had me clear out all call forwarding settings with short codes. phone rings when it should.
Userlevel 1
How about this? When I'm at work and I try to call my hubby, it goes right to voicemail. We both use mint. Also, when I text him to mention that I'm coming home, he gets the text after I'm sitting down and watching my TV show.
When he gets the text, he says, "oh, you're home now". 😆
My voicemail completely stopped working when I went to Mint. Support was trying hard to help me to no avail. I ended up getting a free google voice number and forwarding it to my phone. Now I get voicemail and immediate texts with transcripts when I get a voicemail. Sending and receiving texts is hit or miss.
i had same problem from day 1 (Feb 2018). phone would not ring on some incoming calls and delayed delivery of voicemails of said calls (sometimes not at all). after numerous calls over a 3 month period to customer service the rep had me clear the memory of the phone and messaging apps and turn off lte and go with 3g. also, the tech handling my escalated case had me clear out all call forwarding settings with short codes. phone rings when it should.
I have the same problem with missed calls on a Moto E4. I notice that when I make or receive a call my phone would go from LTE to 3G. I really don't want to leave my phone in 3G. Mint Sim customer support is poor, even their supervisors. If anyone has a solution let me know.
@Rainflower @tshark01 were you able to get your issues resolved? I noticed this thread says, "solved." What was the solution?
I tapped a short video on my iPhone, I found a way on my iPhone and it worked for me.

Click on the link and click on play button to play the video:
https://d.pr/v/qwQRO8

For visual voicemail you can use the third party apps (they are free apps out there) to receive them with their name and phone number.
I don't know if there's something similar for Android. If anybody knows, please kindly share it.

Thank you,
Ali
FYI, this is the source from Apple:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/ht203124
Android folks, please try these steps and let us know if that helps:

https://www.manipalprolearn.com/blog/18-steps-turn-volte-android-phone

Try all the available options please, turn it ON and OFF, switch it to other options to see if it works.

Thank you
How about this? When I'm at work and I try to call my hubby, it goes right to voicemail. We both use mint. Also, when I text him to mention that I'm coming home, he gets the text after I'm sitting down and watching my TV show.
When he gets the text, he says, "oh, you're home now". 😆

I am having the same problem! I don't see a response posted to this complaint. Mint mobile, would you please address this problem? Why are calls going straight to voicemail and delivery of text messages being delayed?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hello everyone, in regards to visual voicemail, unfortunately, we do not have this feature available yet on Mint, but hope to work on something in the future as we grow. For Androids, you can try YouMail, HulloMail or InstaVoice but we do no offer support for it since these are third-party apps. Any updates on features we launch we will make sure to announce on our social media pages.

Please make sure to have the correct APN settings set up for your device found on our website - https://www.mintmobile.com/faq/?_ga=2.246286596.1420794788.1527017507-1347976803.1525278811

For further support, you can reach out to us to further research any additional information related to your accounts at 844-646-8746 or email us at support@mintsim.com for details regarding your account.

Regards,
Mint Mobile Support
I discovered that my phone has Do Not Disturb feature which was set to receive calls only from people in contact list. I don't recall ever activating it
Instructions: http://thecellguide.com/cant-receive-calls-lg-g5/
I am having the same issues - calls going directly to voicemail, then voicemail not notifying me I have one, and does not show in missed calls. I just renewed for 6 months and am beginning to wonder if that was a huge mistake. I have a cell phone for CALLS; it is my ONLY phone and the phone needs to ring when a call is coming in and I need a notification when I have a VM. If you want to play with the big boys, Mint, you need to up your game. Perhaps instead of making tv ads, you should be making sure the basics of cell phone life are functional.
Userlevel 2
The Mint Mobile co-founder asked for feedback about this on the Mint Reddit forum. I have the same problem intermittently and sent him an email yesterday. To his credit, he replied quickly but seems to think the problem is mostly with the Moto G5+ phones (which I have). What phone do you have?

I suggest that you send him an email as well. Here is his request:

Can you email me at reddit-rizzy at com.mintmobile (reversed of course) Device you use (exact model number or IMEI) MSISDN/phone number Do your incoming calls always or sometimes go to voicemail? If sometimes… Does it work sometimes and not others at the same location? Does it happen more at a particular location? Does it happen at certain times more? Do you get a voicemail notification? What about a missed call notification? How often (what % of calls) is sometimes? When did it start? What was the last time it happened? Can you provide 2-3 times it happened recently (incoming number and phone number?) Does your phone show you using LTE? Do you have VoLTE enabled? WiFi Calling?
pikeviewer2; I also have a moto G5+. I will email him. Thank you so much for this information!
Userlevel 4
Badge
In regards to the Moto G5 and G5 Plus, we are currently researching the issue with our carrier for more clarification in regards calls going straight to voicemail and intermittent calls. As soon as we have an update, we'll post further details. In the meantime, if you can try using the sim card in a different device to see if the issue still persists on the network or if there are no issues in a different device, please let us the know the result. We greatly appreciate it.

Also, please let us know if the devices were previously activated by another provider, roughly what time of day the issue is experienced?

Regards,
Mint Mobile Support
I do not have another device available to try SIM car in (Moto G5+). I never used you on another device. Made the decision to switch to you when I purchased the Moto G5+; it is all I have ever used on this phone and I never used it on any other.....
MintSim - It's not just a G5+ issue. Same thing here with an iPhone. Thanks PikeViewer2 - I will send an email too.
Userlevel 4
Badge
I do not have another device available to try SIM car in (Moto G5+). I never used you on another device. Made the decision to switch to you when I purchased the Moto G5+; it is all I have ever used on this phone and I never used it on any other.....

We will reach out to for further details to add to our escalation case.
Userlevel 4
Badge
MintSim - It's not just a G5+ issue. Same thing here with an iPhone. Thanks PikeViewer2 - I will send an email too.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,
Mint Mobile Support
when I first started with Mintsim last year, voicemail notification was erratic on my iPhone 7+. Sometimes, a badge, sometimes not, sometimes the bag dates on even though all voicemails were deleted. Then I just stopped receiving notifications.

Now I have an iPhone X and still no notifications. Mint blames Apple, Apple blames the carrier. Apple has been in business a lot longer and I haven’t had any voicemail issues on T-mo, Verizon or AT&T so I blame Mint.

Mint not needs to fix this or I will have to recommend against Mint and will not renew.