Question

WiFi Calling - 911 address input

I live in a rural community and the 911 address input screen tells me my address is not valid. I have had this issue with other internet-based companies in the past. What is the workaround? I can't activate wifi calling without providing a valid input. I don't want to use some other address - I would prefer if emergency responders actually know where I live.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

I am also having this issue in a suburban area. Same result whether I am trying to setup on my iphone 6s ios 12.1 using mint data plan or using house wifi.
Same boat. I live in a major metro area.
I am also having this issue in a suburban area. Same result whether I am trying to setup on my iphone 6s ios 12.1 using mint data plan or using house wifi.

I would also like to add that I tried resetting my network information by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network settings but my address is still invalid.

I am also having this issue in a suburban area. Same result whether I am trying to setup on my iphone 6s ios 12.1 using mint data plan or using house wifi.I would also like to add that I tried resetting my network information by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network settings but my address is still invalid.

My wi-fi calling was able to activate today. It seems maybe the database for the addresses updated? Not sure what caused it to work but it now works.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Correct, you should be able to add in the information needed for WiFi calling and texting.

Mint Mobile Support
I'm having the same issue- just received my mint sims in Puerto Rico. I had to use Luquillo, PR as the city and AP as the state when I signed up, but that didn't work for the E911 input. I also have a very weird address that is unlikely listed, as there aren't address like in the US here.
I am having the same issue, can Mint Support help?