Question

Wifi Calling works for up to a day, then junks with an "ER04 DNS Erro"

• 16 April 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a Moto X and when I was in the trial period, Wifi Calling worked great! Now that I’m on my “real” SIM card and plan, I’m having an issue where WiFi Calling will work for 1-24 hours after which I get an “Unable to make calls over Wi-Fi, ER04 - DNS Error” in my notifications. This persists until I reboot the phone, at which point it seems to last another 1-24 hours.

Not sure what’s going on, but I don’t recall having this issue with my trial SIM - only my plan SIM.

5 replies

Userlevel 3

I have a Moto X and when I was in the trial period, Wifi Calling worked great! Now that I’m on my “real” SIM card and plan, I’m having an issue where WiFi Calling will work for 1-24 hours after which I get an “Unable to make calls over Wi-Fi, ER04 - DNS Error” in my notifications. This persists until I reboot the phone, at which point it seems to last another 1-24 hours.

Not sure what’s going on, but I don’t recall having this issue with my trial SIM - only my plan SIM.

Hi, we’re sorry to hear that you’re having a Wi-Fi calling issue. Please send us a DM with your phone number to review your account.

We each have a Motorola G5 Plus with wifi calling functionality. Both of our phones do the same thing as m00dawg. Wifi calling and text only works for a short time, after which they both get the same “Unable to make calls over Wi-Fi, ER04 - DNS Error”. Wifi only works after they are rebooted and then for only a short time. We’ve been on Mint for just under a month. Our question is: Was the wifi issue that m00dawg had resolved? if so, please provide the solution to us if possible. Thanks.

I’m still having the issue, though their recommendation was to reconfigure the SIM card. I haven’t yet done that as I’ve needed my phone in working order for now (been in the middle of a job search) and didn’t want to risk not having my phone work. I still do plan on trying their suggestions though, although I’m not super confident those will work (since I’ve already done those steps). But certainly worth a shot.

For now, on average, wifi calling lasts about 24 hours for me. After that if I feel like I need it, I have to restart my phone.

We have also noticed that not only does wifi stop working, but texting and voice calls won’t go through without rebooting as well. With wifi and cellular date both enabled, I would have not expected texts and voice calls to quit too?

Hmmm...I recall my calls still go through, although seems like it does take some time after Wifi Calling stops working (I have missed calls before).