Affirm financing rate is NOT 0%

• 13 February 2020
  • 3 replies

I tried to search if I can buy a new phone from Mint which financing by Affirm.

When previewing, it says 0% in all cases from 12 months up to 24 months.

When applying for credit check, it says I am qualified, credit pre-approved, but APR changes to 22% that is higher than any APR on any my own credit cards.

Affirm Financing is useless to me.

3 replies

They just accept 0% for an Excellent credit score, maybe up to 800.

My credit 762 still be charge a few % when I check the loan rate with Affirm on another website.

I saw some bad reviews about Affirm finance and the way they charge or make some bad notices into your credit history.

Userlevel 3

I tried to search if I can buy a new phone from Mint which financing by Affirm.

When previewing, it says 0% in all cases from 12 months up to 24 months.

When applying for credit check, it says I am qualified, credit pre-approved, but APR changes to 22% that is higher than any APR on any my own credit cards.

Affirm Financing is useless to me.

Hello, in this case, I’d recommend getting in contact with Quality One so that you can have accurate information. https://phones.mintmobile.com/phones.html?

the real answer is…. if you need to finance a phone, then you can not afford that phone

ridiculous sheep all over financing phones so they can have the latest and greatest… all of which are outdated in a matter of mere months..

buy a phone you can afford paying cash, it’s only going to be obsolete a few months earlier than the shiny, new, super-duper x,s,+,limited, look at me with my phone that costs more than a months mortgage payment phone

if a phone functions, why do you need a new one…. as long as the voice calls are clear and the software isn’t so out of date that it’s unusable on most sites and apps that you ACTUALLY NEED… why buy another one ?… vanity, keeping up with the Jonses….

take the free or really cheap phone (and the cheap service plan) put that $500 - $1200 (and the extra $100s in service plan savings) you’d spend on a phone every year or two in an IRA or Roth account and in 20 years you’ll have an extra 50-150k and you can get that iPhone 50SxPro cranial implant you’ve had your eye on