Question

2.5 hour limit on on-hold calls? Got booted at the 2.5 hour point on THREE DIFFERENT on-hold calls today.

• 3 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I was on the phone today to change travel plans. The initial operator had to escalate me and warned that the hold time was averaging three hours. I figured I had no choice. At the 2.5 hour point since I started the call, while still on hold, the call dropped. I thought it was on their end. Called back. Got the same warning about three plus hour hold times. At the 2.5 hour point of the call, the call dropped. I decided it might be my unlocked Samsung J3 so I called back from a Nokia. At the 2.5 hour point, JUST THREE MINUTES AFTER THE REP ANSWERED, the call dropped. I decided it must be Mint’s fault, as all three of those calls had been on phones with Mint accounts. I borrowed my husband’s ancient iPhone using T-Mobile, spent 3.5 hours on hold, got through with no dropped calls and got my issue resolved. Thanks to Mint dropping calls at the 2.5 hour point, I spent 10.5 hours on hold today instead of 2.5 because of Mint. NOT HAPPY! What are you doing to resolve this?

2 replies

Userlevel 3

I was on the phone today to change travel plans. The initial operator had to escalate me and warned that the hold time was averaging three hours. I figured I had no choice. At the 2.5 hour point since I started the call, while still on hold, the call dropped. I thought it was on their end. Called back. Got the same warning about three plus hour hold times. At the 2.5 hour point of the call, the call dropped. I decided it might be my unlocked Samsung J3 so I called back from a Nokia. At the 2.5 hour point, JUST THREE MINUTES AFTER THE REP ANSWERED, the call dropped. I decided it must be Mint’s fault, as all three of those calls had been on phones with Mint accounts. I borrowed my husband’s ancient iPhone using T-Mobile, spent 3.5 hours on hold, got through with no dropped calls and got my issue resolved. Thanks to Mint dropping calls at the 2.5 hour point, I spent 10.5 hours on hold today instead of 2.5 because of Mint. NOT HAPPY! What are you doing to resolve this?

Hello, I’m truly sorry for the inconvenience you’ve faced over the phone. I’ll report that to the proper department. By the way, I’m happy to know that your issue got resolved. Have a great day!

I think I experienced the same thing, but not while on hold.  Is there a 2.5 hour duration limit on all outbound calls that results in the call being disconnected after that amount of time?  I sometimes do very long calls for my work, and this is a little inconvenient, if true.