Question

I need to switch the phone on my plan. How do I do this?

• 12 February 2020
  • 1 reply

My phone is dying and I need to replace it. Fortunately, to make things easier (I think), my plan in about to run out anyway. I know I could just let the plan run out and not renew it, and make a new account with my new phone, however, I would really like to keep my current phone number that’s on the phone that is dying. So, my question is, how do I keep my plan/account and switch phones while keeping my phone number. Or, if I need to get another account, how would I keep the phone number I have since I already have that phone number with mint mobile? 

Thanks for your help! 

Alex

1 reply

Userlevel 3

My phone is dying and I need to replace it. Fortunately, to make things easier (I think), my plan in about to run out anyway. I know I could just let the plan run out and not renew it, and make a new account with my new phone, however, I would really like to keep my current phone number that’s on the phone that is dying. So, my question is, how do I keep my plan/account and switch phones while keeping my phone number. Or, if I need to get another account, how would I keep the phone number I have since I already have that phone number with mint mobile? 

Thanks for your help! 

Alex

Hello Alex, please note that you just need to keep your plan active and insert your SIM card on your new unlocked device, that way, you can keep using the service with the same phone number. Please note that you have 60 to renew after the plan ends. Thanks.