Question

No signal when working downstairs

• 22 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I am currently trying out Mint Mobile, and I cannot get a signal to make calls when in my basement, which is where I work. This is critical to my phone service. I have had issues with Sprint service in that location as well. I am currently on Verizon, and I get a great signal with them in my basement. My current phone does not support WiFi calling, which may solve the problem. Is there any other way to improve the signal in my basement? I know that AT&T has microcell towers that solve this problem for AT&T users. I don’t know if similar technology is available for Mint Mobiles users.

5 replies

Userlevel 3

I am currently trying out Mint Mobile, and I cannot get a signal to make calls when in my basement, which is where I work. This is critical to my phone service. I have had issues with Sprint service in that location as well. I am currently on Verizon, and I get a great signal with them in my basement. My current phone does not support WiFi calling, which may solve the problem. Is there any other way to improve the signal in my basement? I know that AT&T has microcell towers that solve this problem for AT&T users. I don’t know if similar technology is available for Mint Mobiles users.

Hi, I’ve sent you a DM to assist you as soon as possible.

I am having the same issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

I think from working on this pretty extensively and with all carriers, my conclusion is that, in my case, only AT&T and Verizon provide a good signal downstairs. T-Mobile and Sprint do not. With a phone that supports WiFi calling (my Galaxy S8 does), enabling that feature will solve the phone call issue downstairs, but I can’t receive and send texts downstairs, which is a problem since that is where I work. So I’ll be sticking with Xfnity cell service on the Verizon network for now.

Userlevel 3

I am having the same issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I’ve sent you a DM  requesting some information to review your case.

I am not seeing an email from Mint Mobile Cares.