Question

Roaming in Canada: what works and what doesn't?

• 25 January 2020
  • 1 reply

I searched and find lots of threads about data not working in Canada, and some threads about calling and texting. I need to receive a text, but before I put down my $5 I’d like check:

As of January 2020, does incoming text work while in Canada?

And then same question for outgoing text, incoming and outgoing calls, and data. I don’t actually need the data but might as well ask.

I hate that I’m paying $5 for what might be as little as receiving a single text, but I need it for account recovery so I’m stuck. But even worse would be for it not to work at all.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 3

I searched and find lots of threads about data not working in Canada, and some threads about calling and texting. I need to receive a text, but before I put down my $5 I’d like check:

As of January 2020, does incoming text work while in Canada?

And then same question for outgoing text, incoming and outgoing calls, and data. I don’t actually need the data but might as well ask.

I hate that I’m paying $5 for what might be as little as receiving a single text, but I need it for account recovery so I’m stuck. But even worse would be for it not to work at all.

Thanks!

While outside of the U.S. you'll be able to use the service with our international roaming feature, just by adding roaming credit to your account online through the ''UpRoam'' section at https://my.mintmobile.com/login Also, please make sure you have the roaming feature enabled on your device's settings.