Question

What is this Regulatory Fee?

• 10 February 2020
  • 2 replies

I am planning on updating my plan in the next few days but I now see a much larger regulatory fee. I’ve seen explanation on other posts saying that it is additional credit/debit padding but what does that mean? And that’s only like 6 of the 17 something that the fee is, so whats the rest? Just kinda want some clarification to make sure this isn’t just a bogus fee to up the price while keeping the same price as advertised. 

2 replies

Userlevel 3

I am planning on updating my plan in the next few days but I now see a much larger regulatory fee. I’ve seen explanation on other posts saying that it is additional credit/debit padding but what does that mean? And that’s only like 6 of the 17 something that the fee is, so whats the rest? Just kinda want some clarification to make sure this isn’t just a bogus fee to up the price while keeping the same price as advertised. 

, <it's common for subscribers to pay taxes, fees, and surcharges in addition to their monthly service costs, with customers of the "Big Four" mobile operators sometimes paying more than 25% on top of their monthly plans.

Our Regulatory Recovery Fee will represent just a 1-3% cost on top of monthly airtime charges. This fee allows us to recover a portion of the government-mandated taxes, fees and surcharges we get tagged with, but without affecting the quality of service that we provide to you. However, the tax amount will vary depending on the city or state and it is in addition to the normal price.

...Our Regulatory Recovery Fee will represent just a 1-3% cost on top of monthly airtime charges. This fee allows us to recover…..

“ just 1-3% “ ? … NOT TRUE

I just started with Mint a couple days ago, have the 3 month, 3gb plan for $45.00… my checkout statement shows I was charged a $4.88 recovery fee…. that’s roughly 10.85%