Question

WiFi-calling activated but not visible in Settings?

Mint messaged me "Success! WiFi calling is officially activated on your Mint phone!", but I'm not seeing the "Wi-Fi Calling" option in Settings on my iPhone. What could be the issue?

11 replies

WiFi calling does not work on iPhones yet. They claim to be 'working on it',
No Wi-Fi calling yet .
Mint messaged me "Success! WiFi calling is officially activated on your Mint phone!", but I'm not seeing the "Wi-Fi Calling" option in Settings on my Huawei Honor 9 Android phone. Not sure if it is really working or not as the Honor 8 is not one of the phones listed by Mint as being wifi calling/texting capable. Responses, comments, or advice from anybody please?
Mint messaged me "Success! WiFi calling is officially activated on your Mint phone!", but I'm not seeing the "Wi-Fi Calling" option in Settings on my Huawei Honor 9 Android phone. Not sure if it is really working or not as the Honor 8 is not one of the phones listed by Mint as being wifi calling/texting capable. Responses, comments, or advice from anybody please?
Well you kind answer your question if your phone is not in the list you’re not going to have Wi-Fi calling . They did the same thing with with iPhone I turn on Wi-Fi calling on the website and I got a message saying successful but still not working So yeah let’s hope soon .

Mint messaged me "Success! WiFi calling is officially activated on your Mint phone!", but I'm not seeing the "Wi-Fi Calling" option in Settings on my Huawei Honor 9 Android phone. Not sure if it is really working or not as the Honor 8 is not one of the phones listed by Mint as being wifi calling/texting capable. Responses, comments, or advice from anybody please?Well you kind answer your question if your phone is not in the list you’re not going to have Wi-Fi calling . They did the same thing with with iPhone I turn on Wi-Fi calling on the website and I got a message saying successful but still not working So yeah let’s hope soon .

wishful thinking...
Userlevel 1
Not working on Huawei P20Pro as well... Bollocks, as it is the same manufacturer and should work just fine. Not sure how the phone determines whether to display the setting or not in the interface though...
Not sure how the phone determines whether to display the setting or not in the interface though...
That information is contained on the sim card and will allow the phone to display the setting IF the phone has that capability.
Userlevel 1
Well, the phone is definitely capable 😁
Means SIM is configured to only expose the setting to whitelisted phones (would be dumb though)...
Well, the phone is definitely capable 😁
Means SIM is configured to only expose the setting to whitelisted phones (would be dumb though)...

When I put the Mint sim in my unlocked Note 8, the wifi calling option shows. When I put a Verizon sim into the same phone that option does not show. Have not tested this with any other carrier's sim card.
Userlevel 1
That's why I specifically tested this (and use all the time) with a different carrier. Even tried leaving only Mint sim (my P20Pro is dual)
Userlevel 1
It seems some operators enable VoWIFI if device is technically able to do it and others only if that is the case and device is in their compatible devices list, e.g. in mint's case https://www.mintmobile.com/wifi-calling-text/. I have an umidigi one where VoWIFI [ and VoLTE ] worked fine when i was on at&t postpaid but is not working with mint even though i have VoWIFI enabled in account settings.

The at&t folks had to go into my account and force enabling of VoWIFI even though imei associated with account was for device not from their tested devices list. I believe the technician just entered a scratch supported device imei into my account to get around this which mint technicians do not have ability to do even though i asked. So it appears you have to wait for device to land on the mint [ / t-mobile ] supported devices list.

Also wrt mint sim programming differences on my device i never see LTE for my data connection only 4G and i never see a VoLTE symbol which i saw all the time when using at&t postpaid plan. I did some ookla speed tests and it appears i have LTE connection speeds with appx 50Mbs down / 15Mbs up results even though its just showing 4G [ aka 3.5G ] for data connection.