Solved

Can't use my wallet balance in combination with credit card

• 5 July 2018
  • 8 replies

So i need to pay my 12 months soon, and it's over 200 with all the fees (why do you charge fees anyway?).

I have 25 bucks in my wallet but your website only allows me to pay with my wallet OR my credit card, not both.

It's 2018 and sites like Amazon allow me to use my current balance to pay for my purchase, and if it isn't enough i can pay the rest with my credit card.

No problem i thought, i can add money to my wallet and then pay everything with it, right? Well, kind of.

The largest amount i can add to my wallet is a measly 20 bucks. I need to add $178.75, which means that i would need to add funds a total of 9 times! Which would also mean i would pay an additional $1.25 which would remain in my account for a whole year.

So my guess is that you won't be able to fix this grave issue in less than a month (allow partial payment with the balance) but you MAY be able to increase the amount of money added to the wallet. $20 is not enough. Bonus points if you create a custom amount option so i can preload the whole $178.75, decimals and all.
icon

Best answer by fjleon 7 July 2018, 01:33

well i just heard back from support, they wiped my $25 wallet balance and made my year plan cost $155 instead of the the expected $180 in order for me to pay straight with my credit card. This has the additional benefit that the taxes and fees i paid were smaller too!

so i can say i got a happy ending! just hoping it will apply from 8/3 and last all the way to 8/2019 as it should.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
So i need to pay my 12 months soon, and it's over 200 with all the fees (why do you charge fees anyway?).

I have 25 bucks in my wallet but your website only allows me to pay with my wallet OR my credit card, not both.

It's 2018 and sites like Amazon allow me to use my current balance to pay for my purchase, and if it isn't enough i can pay the rest with my credit card.

No problem i thought, i can add money to my wallet and then pay everything with it, right? Well, kind of.

The largest amount i can add to my wallet is a measly 20 bucks. I need to add $178.75, which means that i would need to add funds a total of 9 times! Which would also mean i would pay an additional $1.25 which would remain in my account for a whole year.

So my guess is that you won't be able to fix this grave issue in less than a month (allow partial payment with the balance) but you MAY be able to increase the amount of money added to the wallet. $20 is not enough. Bonus points if you create a custom amount option so i can preload the whole $178.75, decimals and all.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. Amazon is great at what they offer and hard to compete with, hopefully as Mint Mobile grows, we'll unveil more features. I think we all feel the same about taxes and fees, but unfortunately, there are fees associated such as:
-Regulatory Recovery Fee: 1-3% of the cost of the monthly airtime charge (this covers government-mandated taxes, fees, and surcharges.
-California MTS Tax: Effective January 1, 2016, California law requires all sellers of prepaid wireless service to collect certain taxes, fees, and mandatory surcharges from prepaid consumers at the time of purchase.
-Sales Tax: Depends on your state.

With the wallet balance, that is used to load smaller increments so you can purchase features such as UpData and UpRoam. You can make a payment by either adding your billing info to your online account or giving customer care a call at 213-372-7777, toll-free 1-800-683-7392 and they can process the payment for you as well.
i know how to pay, but i pay using my credit card then my current balance will be unused.
Adding my billing info would not do anything. It's not my first time paying.

What i need is to be able to pay $178.75 and mint recognizing my $25 balance to prepay for the 12 months. Do you think doing it over the phone will allow me to do just that?
Userlevel 3
The Amazon gift card balance comparison is erroneous, as the Mint "wallet" balance isn't meant to be used towards renewals. A more apropos comparison would be trying to use Amazon mp3 credit towards general purchases on Amazon--you can't, because it's specifically allocated credit.
the site es
The Amazon gift card balance comparison is erroneous, as the Mint "wallet" balance isn't meant to be used towards renewals. A more apropos comparison would be trying to use Amazon mp3 credit towards general purchases on Amazon--you can't, because it's specifically allocated credit.
you couldn't be more wrong, you can use the wallet for renewals as proven by the recharge website in mint itself. check the screenshot attached

The infrastructure is already there to add funds to your wallet. It would be trivial to change the maximum amount you can add from $20 to $200 or even $100.

I guess i am stuck with doing nine $20 refills so i can waste an extra $1.25 instead of losing $25. Hopefully my credit card won't think i am getting hacked due to the multiple operations with the same amount
Userlevel 3

you couldn't be more wrong, you can use the wallet for renewals as proven by the recharge website in mint itself. check the screenshot attached

You're right--my apologies. Last I had seen the recharge menu, "Wallet" recharges for refills weren't an option.

I'm with you--if there's an option to use the "Wallet" for renewals which there clearly is, it should cover the equivalent portion of the renewal amount. "Oh, but the balance is there for you to use for roaming or international calling" isn't good enough, when you're intending to use it for another (allowed) purpose.
Userlevel 4
Badge
i know how to pay, but i pay using my credit card then my current balance will be unused.
Adding my billing info would not do anything. It's not my first time paying.

What i need is to be able to pay $178.75 and mint recognizing my $25 balance to prepay for the 12 months. Do you think doing it over the phone will allow me to do just that?

Please give our customer care support team a call at 1-800-683-7392 and let them know you would like the wallet balance funds applied to recharge your plan and then to process a payment for the remaining balance left that you need to cover the recharge amount.
well i just heard back from support, they wiped my $25 wallet balance and made my year plan cost $155 instead of the the expected $180 in order for me to pay straight with my credit card. This has the additional benefit that the taxes and fees i paid were smaller too!

so i can say i got a happy ending! just hoping it will apply from 8/3 and last all the way to 8/2019 as it should.
Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for sharing your feedback!