Solved

Referral credit not used upon renewal

• 17 February 2020
  • 3 replies

I’m an international student leaving the US in May and yesterday was my renewal date for my plan. I initially purchased a buy 3, get 3 plan in August and referred a friend. My plan was to get the 3 months plan and use the $30 credit to pay $45 instead of the full $75 price.

However today I checked my paypal and I had been charged the entire $75 price. My $30 referral credit is still there in the wallet, untouched. I don’t plan on staying in the US after May and that this is my last renewal, so there is no point in keeping it for further renewals or later use. I wanted to have it applied to the $75 dollar price, but it didn’t, is there anything I can do about getting this amount refunded?

icon

Best answer by Mint Mobile Cares 23 February 2020, 16:16

I’m an international student leaving the US in May and yesterday was my renewal date for my plan. I initially purchased a buy 3, get 3 plan in August and referred a friend. My plan was to get the 3 months plan and use the $30 credit to pay $45 instead of the full $75 price.

However today I checked my paypal and I had been charged the entire $75 price. My $30 referral credit is still there in the wallet, untouched. I don’t plan on staying in the US after May and that this is my last renewal, so there is no point in keeping it for further renewals or later use. I wanted to have it applied to the $75 dollar price, but it didn’t, is there anything I can do about getting this amount refunded?

Hi! sorry to hear that you are experiencing a service issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.

View original

3 replies

I thought I was having the same problem until I noticed that the renewal price listed does not include the Recovery Fee and Federal and State taxes. Have you factored that in?

For me, my referral credit was $25 and my plan renewal was $180. My card was charged $187.04. I thought this meant the referral credit wasn’t applied, but when I added in these extra Recovery and Taxes fees and then subtracted the $25 referral credit the numbers worked out.

I have not found any easy way to see this through the app or on the desktop portal. I just had to figure it out myself. This is disappointing for sure.

Userlevel 3

Hi! sorry to hear that you are experiencing a service issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.

I made a referral and did not receive credit at time of renewal!  Contacted support and received scripted replies.  Called mint mobile and told that if Renewed on May 9 , 2020 credit would be applied.  Credit was not applied!  Mint mobile needs to step up and issue a refund to my credit card.  Mint mobile states that they will pay 25.00 for each referral.  However slimy business practices of waiting 15 business days for the renewal. No where does it state the waiting period for the credit to be applied.  Mint support sees the credit but can’t applied it.  No more referrals from me. Mint mobile do the right thing and issue a refund to my credit card.  My service was terminated waiting for the credit and ad to renew to restore the service.