Question

regulatory recovery fee...

• 9 January 2020
  • 4 replies

An unadvertised $17.75 “regulatory recovery fee”??  Ya snuck that in there guys...irritating to say the least.  Happy with the service but looks like this a charge that goes unknown until check out and it is increasing substantially by the year.  Please be more transparent.  This amounts to a surprise 6.5% add on to my original charge.  I’ll be following this as I’m sure will others.  If I’m bringing you added business with my referrals, please show some courtesy and reveal all fees in the next renewal before we go forth with processing.  Make it visible in the My Plan section.  Thanks.  -A little less happy mint mobile user 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sorry about this. We’ll definitely share your feedback with our team. Apologies if this caused any inconvenience. Here is more information regarding the fees and taxes associated with your Mint plan. www.mintmobile.com/faq/fees-taxes-associated-mint-mobile-plan/

Just like he said...We’re not looking for a lame apology here.  Just be transparent.  I’m about to cancel my auto-renew because stuff like this just irritates the hell out of me.  

At the same time, I have set up autorenew for the next year after using Mint Mobile and finding it more than adequate to the task. It uses a very reliable carrier and is available from Pennsylvania to New Orleans and further south.  I know that fee’s from carriers appear to be hidden, but they are not, just reading the plans terms and conditions spells it out clearly. As a matter of fact, every carrier in the US is required to pay these fees and must pass it on.  If we really want to make a difference on this one, we should be arguing this issue with our regulators and politicians.  

Old Fox

Just like he said...We’re not looking for a lame apology here.  Just be transparent.  I’m about to cancel my auto-renew because stuff like this just irritates the hell out of me.  

I agree with ryeman.  Its very disappointing to renew my service and be hit with a bunch of fees.  I understand things like sales tax but a recovery fee is an administrative fee that Mint mobile charges so that they can subsidize their costs for administrative burden.  If regulatory charges are causing Mint mobile’s cost to offer service to increase than just increase the monthly price.  A recovery fee of $17.75 adds nearly $1.50 per month for a 12 month term.  Instead of having service listed at $15/month for a 12 month 3GB plan, list it as $16.50 per month instead.  That way it is transparent and out in the open.  This removes the need for the sneaky recovery fee after the fact.

Now that I have witnessed deceptive practices, I am going to seriously reconsider renewing again.