Question

Samsung Galaxy A01 no incoming SMS

• 29 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I just got a Galaxy A01 (A01 not A10). I put the IMEI into both MintMobile’s and T-Mobile’s websites and they both say 100% compatible.

The phone works fine, except the phone will not receive incoming SMS text messages. Everything else works, calling, MMS, outgoing SMS texts, but it will not receive incoming texts. After moving my MintMobile SIM back to my previous phone, the blocked texts came rolling in.

If I send a text to 6700 with “Setup”, I will get a text from 57000 saying “Mint here. Very soon you will be receiving a notification to update your data settings”. I did the update to the data settings.

Data is good. On MintMobile I’m getting an LTE signal and 100Mbps download on Speedtest.

I took the phone to T-Mobile and they put in a T-Mobile SIM and incoming texts worked!

The phone seems 100% compatible with a T-Mobile SIM, but not MintMobile’s SIM.

Does T-Mobile have a different SMS service it uses with MVNO’s like MintMobile?

1 reply

Userlevel 3

I just got a Galaxy A01 (A01 not A10). I put the IMEI into both MintMobile’s and T-Mobile’s websites and they both say 100% compatible.

The phone works fine, except the phone will not receive incoming SMS text messages. Everything else works, calling, MMS, outgoing SMS texts, but it will not receive incoming texts. After moving my MintMobile SIM back to my previous phone, the blocked texts came rolling in.

If I send a text to 6700 with “Setup”, I will get a text from 57000 saying “Mint here. Very soon you will be receiving a notification to update your data settings”. I did the update to the data settings.

Data is good. On MintMobile I’m getting an LTE signal and 100Mbps download on Speedtest.

I took the phone to T-Mobile and they put in a T-Mobile SIM and incoming texts worked!

The phone seems 100% compatible with a T-Mobile SIM, but not MintMobile’s SIM.

Does T-Mobile have a different SMS service it uses with MVNO’s like MintMobile?

Hi! I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I’ve sent you a DM to assist you as soon as possible.