Question

Someone else is receiving my calls

• 16 February 2020
  • 9 replies

Hello all. I’ve been using Mint for 6-ish months now, but within the past 1.5 months I’ve been experiencing a fairly serious issue with not receiving calls. This is incredibly frustrating as I’ve put my phone number onto a few e-mailed and electronic resumes and now doubt I’ve been able to receive the call-backs.

Specs:

Samsung A7 2017 unlocked international dual sim with a fully compatible IMEI according to Mint’s phone checker.

8gb plan.

Android 8.0 with stock ROM.

Stock phone app.

Google Messages MMS app.

Issue: Friends have reported to me that: when they call me a different person answers who is quite rude and aggressive. (Note that I am currently sending resumes out with my Mint phone number)

However, sometimes their call will reach me, other times the rude person. This has happened with text messages as well.

I am able to call out every time with no issue as well.

I also use google hangouts with a different number which always works flawlessly.

I have called Mint’s India tech support who told me my IMEI was not compatible but recommended I take the SIM out then re-install while on the call with them. I let them know this would end our call and to call me back to continue diagnosing which, to my disappointment, did not happen.

I have deleted and reset-up my APN according to Mint’s guide for Android, but this issue still remains.

I just bought another year of this plan and am painfully regretting it.

Has anyone else solved an issue like this?  Thanks for your time.

9 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello all. I’ve been using Mint for 6-ish months now, but within the past 1.5 months I’ve been experiencing a fairly serious issue with not receiving calls. This is incredibly frustrating as I’ve put my phone number onto a few e-mailed and electronic resumes and now doubt I’ve been able to receive the call-backs.

Specs:

Samsung A7 2017 unlocked international dual sim with a fully compatible IMEI according to Mint’s phone checker.

8gb plan.

Android 8.0 with stock ROM.

Stock phone app.

Google Messages MMS app.

Issue: Friends have reported to me that: when they call me a different person answers who is quite rude and aggressive. (Note that I am currently sending resumes out with my Mint phone number)

However, sometimes their call will reach me, other times the rude person. This has happened with text messages as well.

I am able to call out every time with no issue as well.

I also use google hangouts with a different number which always works flawlessly.

I have called Mint’s India tech support who told me my IMEI was not compatible but recommended I take the SIM out then re-install while on the call with them. I let them know this would end our call and to call me back to continue diagnosing which, to my disappointment, did not happen.

I have deleted and reset-up my APN according to Mint’s guide for Android, but this issue still remains.

I just bought another year of this plan and am painfully regretting it.

Has anyone else solved an issue like this?  Thanks for your time.

Hi! sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.

I do not have and notifications for a DM from you and why has this thread been marked as solved when the problem still persist? IT seems like you’re getting a bit ahead of yourself here.

Hey, was your issue resolved?

No, it's never been resolved and still happening. Every time Mint “support" contacts me or I contact them they ask for the same info. (IMEI, phone number, device model) and all claim they're going to try something different.

All Mint support does is continually throw you in circles.

That’s too bad. I told another kid I’ll switch his phone to mintmobile. The one already on it told me about issues with late & very late messages. This doesn’t give me much confidence. I guess plans on hold...

Definitely stay clear of mint. I can only hope Ryan Reynolds truly contracts testicular cancer for buying into such a terrible company.

Well, I have one account and the only issue is the late text messages. Not sure how frequent (used by my kid). So, not ideal, but not terrible (so far).

And to further dissuade anyone else from joining, mint's “support" asked me to send them screenshots of my APN settings though their IM system.

This would be awesome, however, MINT'S I'M DOES NOT ALLOW SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER PICTURE TO BE UPLOADED AND SENT VIA IM

Mint's Inda tech support is absolutely useless and just as bad as the India scammers.

was this resolved? I was thinking it could be an issue with area codes. Another thought is, did you sell your old phone? Right now, I just switched phones and my old phone is getting my messages from one of my contacts (my other contacts messages reach my new phone though).