Trying to get my account number and PIN... a real-time log

• 21 September 2019
  • 9 replies

Opened a ticket in the morning asking for my account number and PIN. My line's subscription is up shortly, and I was planning on temporarily changing carriers to get a good deal on a new phone, then come back to Mint in a few months. Account and PIN information is not available through the portal. No response as of yet to my ticket.

So I called in, 54 minutes and 12 seconds ago. They have one song on their hold music rotation, and it is the worst thing I've ever heard. I talked to a CSR and asked for my account and PIN number, they said they needed to transfer me as they didn't have that info. Then I waited, and waited (for someone in retentions I'm guessing). Then finally someone picked up the line and hung up. Called back in, first CSR tells me there is nothing they can do and I have to wait again for someone in retentions. Back on hold.

9 replies

The hold music is driving me insane. And it is the kind that has pauses here and there to trick you into thinking someone is about to answer.
I have a fresh Gin and Tonic, you will not beat me, Mint. I will read the news while you make me wait.
I'm now somewhat concerned I will need to use the restroom soon. Wonder if I should risk it, what if they answer while I'm going? Do you stop? Do you wash your hands? What is the protocol?
I've made up words to the hold music... "We have your account number and you won't get it, you'd just better hang up..." "PIN code, we don't know, you should go, go go go..." Never said I was creative.
68 minutes, 30 seconds. It's a BlackBerry KeyOne, Mint. This battery -does't- die.
Lots of rain in Southeast Texas.
Wife says dinner is ready in 5. Hmmm. Bacon cheeseburger bowl. I don't recommend keto diets.
I will not hang up. Mint is coming downstairs to dinner. Elbows off the table.
Sat down to eat, someone answered. Had account numbers and PINs for all of my lines within 2-3 minutes, no hassle. We'll see where we go from here.