Solved

Where are instructions for roaming?

• 17 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi --

I’ve seen a couple of people saying they were told to turn off their phones before leaving the U.S….

Were are any instructions on this site regarding roaming?  On one page, it looks like you just have to add funds, then a browser tab mentions a “roaming SIM card”…. I’d just like some clear instructions to (hopefully) get roaming to work when I go on a trip in a few days.

I see that a lot of folks are saying that the service flatly isn’t working, bt I’d at least like Mint’s instructions so I can give them the benefit of the doubt.

icon

Best answer by Mint Mobile Cares 25 February 2020, 21:51

Hi --

I’ve seen a couple of people saying they were told to turn off their phones before leaving the U.S….

Were are any instructions on this site regarding roaming?  On one page, it looks like you just have to add funds, then a browser tab mentions a “roaming SIM card”…. I’d just like some clear instructions to (hopefully) get roaming to work when I go on a trip in a few days.

I see that a lot of folks are saying that the service flatly isn’t working, bt I’d at least like Mint’s instructions so I can give them the benefit of the doubt.

Hi! I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi --

Hi! I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.

Thanks!  I wound up canceling the trip, but look forward to using the service in the future. 

Roaming does not work with Mint.  Trust me.  I tried in China, Iceland, Spain and the UK.  It never worked in any of those countries even with $200.00 in roaming credit.