Why does the system charge me $260.80 for a $20/8GBmo 1yr. plan?

• 15 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Last time I calculated $20mo. times 12mo. is was $240, not $260, what gives? I also enabled AutoPay.

I started with the 3 month promo of 12GB. That’s coming to and end tomorrow.

Last week, thanks to the reminder email, I logged in the signed up for the 1yr. 8GB plan and did AutoPay. Today it charged me $260.80. Are there $20,80 in fees over the year? 

If that’s the case and their are not divulging that then I am so happy I picked the username “whatmyname” as I am going to be the biggest pain in the ass troll for 365 days all over social media to mint and mr. reynolds.

Both my mobile and as you can see desktop show $240, even though the auto refill dates don’t agree with one another.

And I’m not switching to a 12month plan in 2021. I’m doing now in 2020, what’s the deal Ryan!

BecomingMoreSkeptical 6 months ago

taxes and “regulatory fees” ?…. wasn’t your initial 3 month plan more than just 3x the monthly rate “

I just started the 3 month 3gb for “$15” month = $45… it actually cost $50.80 (4 dollars and change regulatory fee plus state tax)

extra over the plan amount - $5 plus for 3 months... $20 and change for 12 months seems about right

View original

3 replies

taxes and “regulatory fees” ?…. wasn’t your initial 3 month plan more than just 3x the monthly rate “

I just started the 3 month 3gb for “$15” month = $45… it actually cost $50.80 (4 dollars and change regulatory fee plus state tax)

extra over the plan amount - $5 plus for 3 months... $20 and change for 12 months seems about right

They advertise flat numbers 15, 20, 25. 

They should just suck it up or adjust their prices.

Marketing tricks. Making it appear as a regulatory fee allows Mint to advertise a lower price and blame someone else for the “extra” costs.